Tax Sale Properties
A Sale of Land by Public Tender (also referred to as a ‘Tax Sale’) is governed by the Municipal Act, 2001, and Ontario Regulation 181/03 (the “Municipal Tax Sales Rules”). By following the process set out in this legislation, the municipality has an opportunity to sell land which is in arrears of taxes in order to recover the arrears.
The Municipality registers a Tax Arrears Certificate on the title of a property in tax arrears for at least two (2) years. This certificate indicates that the property will be sold if the “Cancellation Price” is not paid within one year of registration of the certificate.
The Municipality advertises the property(s) for sale due to non-payment of taxes if the “Cancellation Price” is not paid within the one year registration of the certificate and no tax extension agreement has been executed.
Purchasing a Tax Sale Property:
To bid on a tax sale property, complete the following steps:
- Determine the minimum bid amount, the advertised minimum tender amount includes all outstanding taxes and associated costs.
- Complete a Tax Sale Form 7 Tender to Purchase provided by the Municipal Office / Website.
- Submit a certified cheque/bank draft/money order of 20% of your bid amount.
- Insert your completed Form 7 and bid deposit in a sealed envelope labelled with the required information.
- Submit your tender in person at, or by courier or mail to 21Church Street, Dunchurch, ON, P0A 1G0 before the tax sale closing date and time. All tax sales properties are sold as is, withour warranty.
The information provided above is informal and should not be relied upon by a potential purchaser. Persons interested in submitting a tender should satisfy themselves through independent sources.
ALL TENDERERS PLEASE NOTE:
All tenders that are received and are not the highest tender will be returned using registered mail. Please ensure that the address provided is written clearly and is sufficient to return the tender and deposit cheque to you by registered mail. If the address is deficient your tender will be returned by regular mail and the municipality will not be responsible for any lost or stolen deposit funds.
NO TENDERS WILL BE RETURNED TO TENDERERS IN PERSON ON THE DAY THAT THE TENDER OPENING IS COMPLETED OR AT ANY TIME THEREAFTER.
All successful tenderers will require their own legal counsel in order to complete the transaction.
Acts and Regulations
- Municipal Act, 2001 https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/01m25
- Ontario Regulation 181/03: Municipal Tax Sales Rules https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/030181
Current Sale of Land by Public Tender Property Listing
|Description of Lands - No Current Sales||Information Package|
PCL 19139 SEC NS; FIRSTLY LT 22 CON 5 MCKENZIE T/W PT 1 & 2 42R11731 AS IN LT185525; SECONDLY LT 23 CON 5 MCKENZIE; LT 24 CON 5 MCKENZIE; LT 25 CON 5 MCKENZIE EXCEPT 42M626 T/W BLK 23, 42M625 & BLK 1 & 2 42M626 AS IN LT232799 S/T LT253437, LT253438, LT253439; WHITESTONE. BEING ALL OF PIN 52250-0086 (LT).
Roll # 49 39 050 004 07700 - Cancelled
|PCL 19139 SEC NS; LT 26 CON 5 MCKENZIE; PT LT 27 CON 5 MCKENZIE LYING SLY OF A LINE DRAWN ACROSS THE FULL WIDTH OF SAID LT AT THE DISTANCE OF 1650 FT FROM AND PARALLEL WITH THE SLY LIMIT OF SAID LT, EXCEPT 42M625 & 42M626 T/W BLK 23, 42M625, BLK 1 & 2, 42M626 AS IN LT232799 S/T LT253437, LT253438, LT253439; WHITESTONE. BEING ALL OF PIN 52250-0087 (LT).|
Roll # 49 39 050 004 08100 - Cancelled