Canada 150 Celebrate & Decorate Contest!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Municipality of Whitestone is encouraging all residents (permanent and seasonal) and businesses to show your community and civic pride by tidying your yards and decorating in Red and White to celebrate Canada 150. This is your chance to be recognized for all the hard work you put into your home and show some Canadian Spirit! We would love to see lots of flags and red and white flowers in the community in time for our Canada Day 150 Celebration on July 1.
Please read these rules and regulations, and complete either the online registration ballot or the attached printable ballot. If you have any questions please contact Paula Macri at 705-389-2466, Ext. 22. Entry ballots can be submitted online, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Municipal Office.
- Registration is open to all residents (permanent and seasonal) and businesses within the boundaries of the Municipality of Whitestone.
- Entry is free.
- Ballots must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 25, 2017.
- Contest entries are to be classified by the registrant into either Residential or Business category.
- Participants must submit a photo of their yard or business along with their entry ballot. Participants agree to have their photos posted on the Municipality of Whitestone website and social media pages. These photos may also be shared with official event partners. Participants agree that there will be no compensations of any kind for said posting or publication.
- All entries must include an address. The address will not be published with the photos.
- Draw for prizes will occur at the Council meeting on Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
- The prizes will be awarded by our Mayor, Chris Armstrong at the Dunchurch Fall Fair on Saturday, August 19, 2017 during the Opening Ceremonies.
- All residents who submit a ballot will be entered into a draw. The prizes will consist of two (2) “Canadian” themed gift baskets from Beverly’s in Parry Sound. One (1) will be awarded to a randomly selected entrant in the Residential Category and one (1) will be awarded to a randomly selected entrant in the Business Category.
- Participation is limited to one (1) ballot per address.
- Contact information is required on registration forms to contact winning entries. The Municipality of Whitestone will not disclose this information to anyone.